Breakthrough Web Design - 515-897-1144 - Web sites for businesses
News & Entertainment for Mason City, Clear Lake & the North Iowa Region
Founded October 1, 2010

Rental house catches fire in Mason City


This news story was published on December 27, 2017.
Advertise on NIT Subscribe to NIT

1723 S. Wilson
(CG county photo)

MASON CITY – A Mason City rental house was damaged in a fire early Wednesday morning.

NIT has learned that a fire broke out sometime around or slightly before midnight Wednesday morning or Tuesday night at 1723 South Wilson Avenue. This property is owned by Smith Rentals, LLC, of Mason City.

The Mason City Fire Department says the fire is still under investigation and could not release any information.  A spokesperson did say, “As far I know no injuries were reported from this fire.”

However, a neighbor, Ray Carson, tells NIT that the fire “was in the basement. Heavy smoke damage.” He said firefighters were on the scene in bitterly cold temps past 1 AM.

Firefighters on the scene at 1723 South Wilson Avenue

Firefighters on the scene at 1723 South Wilson Avenue

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

 characters available