Mason City man arrested after medics respond to unresponsive infant

This news story was published on June 29, 2017.

MASON CITY – A Mason City man is behind bars tonight after medics were called for an infant that was injured and unresponsive.

On June 22, 2017 at 9:39 PM, Mason City police officers and medics responded to the 1700 block of South Coolidge Avenue on a report of an infant that was unresponsive and had difficulty breathing.

A joint investigation by the Mason City Police Department, Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation and the Iowa Department of Human Services into the incident has resulted in the arrest of 27-year-old Jeremy Walter Rose of Mason City. Rose was arrested in the 2500 block of South Jefferson Avenue this evening and transported to the Cerro Gordo County Jail.

Rose was charged with felony C Child Endangerment and simple misdemeanor Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.

Police say the injured infant is still hospitalized; they didn’t elaborate on details about the child nor the injuries.

Rose, Jeremy Walter
(PREVIOUS MUG SHOT)

22 Responses to Mason City man arrested after medics respond to unresponsive infant

August 15, 2017 at 10:29 am

Wow that’s gotta be McKenna what a POS and I don’t care who knows what I think. He needs his head shaken until he’s close to death or brain damage. Not a judge or jury but an eye for an eye sounds about right to me

July 1, 2017 at 3:24 pm

Carly-when someone does a personal attack on anyone else it is against the N.I.T. rules and they can be deleted or banned. Matt has opted not to enforce his own rules, so I delete the troll who does nothing but attack me personally under the Anonymous name because he is to cowardly to use his own name.

Referendum Reply Report comment

July 1, 2017 at 1:57 pm

Shaken baby syndrome. Chris D was charged with that back in 1993. Men who hurt babies need to die.

anonymous Reply Report comment

July 1, 2017 at 12:41 pm

Out on bail. Thanks Mom.

June 30, 2017 at 11:50 pm

Is this a second child he had with a woman he beat up awhile back or a different woman. I know he was withe someone with a young child a year ago or so.

June 30, 2017 at 1:33 pm

People, if you hear yelling and screaming coming from a house, perhaps the cops should be called. I learned my lesson about not minding my own business when someone else’s domestic violence escalated to a gun to the wife’s head.

Carly Reply Report comment

June 30, 2017 at 12:04 pm

What happened to the original post that was in favor of this guy?

LVS Reply Report comment

July 1, 2017 at 8:11 am

I did not delete that comment. I only delete the dumb ass troll. The troll posts comments under my name and delete’s comments and tries to blame me.

July 1, 2017 at 10:57 am

Because LVS is the NIT hall monitor.

July 2, 2017 at 9:10 am

Hey Hall monitor, you have deleted about seven comments on the story alone. Make it eight to see that you delete this.

June 30, 2017 at 7:09 am

Hurt a baby… I hope he gang raped in prison till his guts are pushed out the back. Die a cowards death.

June 30, 2017 at 5:55 am

We live a block away and we always heard screaming & yelling over at their house. I hope that little girl pulls through and that piece of trash gets what he deserves

July 1, 2017 at 7:54 am

Hhhm. If it was such a regular thing u could have prevented this. If only…

June 30, 2017 at 5:21 am

He is trash, history of beating women, now this. The infant is in bad shape

Scott Nelson Reply Report comment

June 30, 2017 at 2:58 am

He doesn’t deserve it you are just as sick as he is. He deserves everything that he gets that child did not deserve what he did to her.

June 30, 2017 at 9:31 am

Nobody deserves to read stupid posts like yours.

Lynsie Whaley Reply Report comment

June 30, 2017 at 12:12 am

I am so sick to my stomach. What the hell compels anyone to hurt an infant?! I’m dying on the inside over this. All I can think of is my little boy and Lord have mercy on whoever hurt my baby because I won’t. I hope this man gets whatever it is he deserves. My stomach is in knots. I just wanna go pick that baby up and love them so much… Love them til they can’t feel any pain and the only thing they feel is safe and wanted. :'(

June 29, 2017 at 11:13 pm

What happened?
    I’ve been praying for this poor baby but I didn’t know what caused all this… 🙁 hope this guy gets what he deserves.

June 29, 2017 at 11:03 pm

oh my

June 29, 2017 at 10:19 pm

Doesn’t deserve this, keep your head up man

June 29, 2017 at 10:29 pm

Doesnt deserve this?? You are just AS bad as he is…. thst little baby DOESNT DESERVE THIS!!! I hope he rots in jail.

June 29, 2017 at 11:42 pm

Are you sick? How does he not deserve this when he left a poor baby (not even a year old) fighting for their life in a hospital bed. He left a mother and family crying by a bedside watching their daughter, grand daughter, and niece fight for their life knowing that their was nothing they could do! Think about those people because those are the people that truly don’t deserve this. He deseves to be exactly where he is and to stay there for the rest of his life.