On November 9th, 2021, St. Gabriel Communications, 88.5 mhz, Adel, IA, filed an application with the Federal Communications Commission for authority to construct a new noncommercial educational FM broadcast station to operate on 89.9 mhz, at Mason City, IA. Members of the public wishing to view this application or obtain information about how to file comments and petitions on the application can visit https://enterpriseefiling.fcc.gov/dataentry/views/public/nceDraftCopy?displayType=html&appKey=25076f917ce2e04b017d002e8c140a22&id=25076f917ce2e04b017d002e8c140a22&goBack=N#sect-chanFacility

On November 9th, 2021, St. Gabriel Communications, 88.5 FM, Adel, IA, filed an application with the Federal Communications Commission for authority to construct a new noncommercial educational FM broadcast station to operate on 89.9 FM, at Spencer, IA. Members of the public wishing to view this application or obtain information about how to file comments and petitions on the application can visit https://enterpriseefiling.fcc.gov/dataentry/views/public/nceDraftCopy?displayType=html&appKey=25076f917ce2e04b017ce708493e0cfb&id=25076f917ce2e04b017ce708493e0cfb&goBack=N

Paul Adams announces he is a candidate for city council

This news story was published on August 3, 2016.

MASON CITY – Paul Adams has announced he is a candidate for city council.

Mr. Adams made his announcement Wednesday morning via a press release:

Paul Adams

Paul Adams

I am announcing my candidacy for the vacant At Large City Council position in the City of Mason City.

I am a 2002 graduate of Rockwell-Swaledale High School and a 2004 graduate of NIACC. I then attended the University of Iowa and studied Economics and Political Science. I spent my first 9 years after college working for Hy-Vee, Inc. in management. In May of 2014, I left Hy-Vee to take a position with Principal Financial in Mason City where I am currently a Sr. Client Service Associate.

My wife, Emily Adams, was born and raised in Mason City. She is currently employed as the Office Manager at the Dental Center of North Iowa in Mason City.

We have 2 sons, ages 5 and 2. We chose to move back to Mason City when our oldest son was 1 because we wanted our kids to grow up in the same area we were both raised. I know Mason City has a lot to offer and am pursuing the vacant seat on the city council because I believe in this city and want to help ensure that my kids’ generation and beyond have the opportunity and motivation to raise a family in Mason City like my wife and I decided to do.

Paul Adams joins Max Weaver and Andy O’Brien as confirmed candidates for this city council seat.

Need help with your website?
Call your local professional,
Breakthrough Web Design:
515-897-1144
or go to
BreakthoughWebDesign.com

30 Responses to Paul Adams announces he is a candidate for city council

August 4, 2016 at 10:45 pm

The more I hear and see..I become more impressed !

2. Mark Reply Report comment

August 4, 2016 at 8:53 pm

My answer to you will be…Who talks like that still? Get a clue….? Funny

• Larry Reply Report comment

August 5, 2016 at 12:00 am

I would have to agree with anonymous, Mark you really need to get a clue because a lot of people still talk like that. Mark, you should also get a clue and do some research and not just form your opinion based on a picture of somebody.

• Anonymous...... Reply Report comment

August 5, 2016 at 1:14 pm

Ya Mark Get a Clue!

3. Mark Reply Report comment

August 4, 2016 at 4:58 pm

Who? Another yes sir no sir suit. Hasn’t lived long enough to know the guts of politics or the reality of this town. In a few years kid

August 4, 2016 at 7:33 pm

Get a clue Mark!
      Youth is what we need and just because you wear a suit does not make you a yes-man! Paul is definitely not a yes-man!

August 5, 2016 at 8:42 pm

At 32 years old, you know enough to know that what we have now is not working. The current leadership is hurting our people. He has some education, work ethic, comes from good hard-working stock. No one comes to the council table with all the credentials needed. Just look at the people on their now. Solberg, Hickey, Schoneman, Lee, the only ones are Schickel and the dearly departed Alex Kuhn, may he rest in peace. We need new blood, with no baggage..

August 4, 2016 at 3:17 pm

The article stated that his wife grew up in Mason City. What is her maiden name ??

August 4, 2016 at 3:17 pm

Is he a relative of Doctor Vincent Adams from Rockwell ?? That also would tell you a lot about him. Very solid and good people !!

August 4, 2016 at 8:39 pm

Paul is Dr. Adams’ grandson. His wife is a Ries.

6. Anonymous Too Reply Report comment

August 4, 2016 at 1:02 am

Paul is a good man and will do good things for our city. He will be fair and represent everyone equally. I believe he will work well with city staff and the other city council members to help improve our city. He will be the voice of all not just the voice of the elite.

August 4, 2016 at 6:23 am

If he wins (I think he has a shot) he will have to be tough and able to stand up to the intimidation and bullying.

• Peter L Reply Report comment

August 4, 2016 at 8:35 am

No offense to Paul, but your statement is inherently false. It’s impossible to represent everyone equally, as politics by its nature involves a decision one way or another. There are bound to be those who get their way, and those who do not. The question is who will Paul side with? What ideas will he favor? He wants to be one of those “i’m educated, married, and employed so you should vote for me” without ever disclosing how he thinks about the world. No thanks. Specifics are risky, but without them you get another crony capitalist good old boy.

August 4, 2016 at 9:28 am

You don’t get a vote so Shut the hell up.

• John Reply Report comment

August 4, 2016 at 9:04 pm

Peter, you are not qualified to be a dog poop collector, don’t try to give political advice. (I know you had a great run and the City Council seat in Clear Lake but the 5 votes you got didn’t take you over the top.) Don’t think you are qualified to give advice here.

• Peter L Reply Report comment

August 5, 2016 at 2:22 am

I see i struck another nerve. Easy to see when i do as a wordy, predictable attack ensues. Still talking about the election where I called half the town out for being crony double standard hypos? Aww, you must be another 321.436 denier. Wah wah wah, baby with a rattle.

• Mary Jane

August 5, 2016 at 6:19 am

Time stamps on posts are revealing.

• Peter L

August 5, 2016 at 6:27 am

Are you trying to imply that I am staying up too late? That I might be impaired? Well I don’t need intoxicants to come off as impaired. I can do that first thing in the morning as I get my coffee!

• Anonymous

August 5, 2016 at 6:45 am

Baby with a bottle! Loud noises scare him!

• Peter L

August 5, 2016 at 8:02 am

Yes Mary Jane thry are. I was up getting my diaper changed when i made that comment. I fell right back to sleep after. Fresh diaper and wipes put baby right to sleep.

• Peter L Reply Report comment

August 5, 2016 at 8:20 am

Ok John, i will put it another way. Anytime you hear a candidate say they will “represent everyone equally” you will know automatically they are FULL OF SHIT. That’s a catch all b.s. phrase which b.s. politicians use to trick the common person into believing they have their interests at heart.

7. Polio Loco Reply Report comment

August 3, 2016 at 10:42 pm

Who?

8. IowaBoy Reply Report comment

August 3, 2016 at 10:01 pm

VOTE FOR MAX!!!

August 4, 2016 at 6:21 am

Just one pot head supporting another.

August 3, 2016 at 5:44 pm

I would like to hear more about & from this young man.

August 3, 2016 at 4:42 pm

Mad Max returns – love that show !

11. Jim Reply Report comment

August 3, 2016 at 4:39 pm

go max go

12. Brandon Reply Report comment

August 3, 2016 at 3:03 pm

I’ve known Paul for several years. He has a great head on his shoulders and would do great things if given this opportunity! Had I not moved out of town you would have my vote Paul! Good luck in this process.

August 3, 2016 at 2:13 pm

This guy sound pretty good. Finally a choice we can live with. A young man with fresh ideas.

August 3, 2016 at 1:09 pm

It sounds as if he has a great background for this position.