MASON CITY – In response to an overwhelming number of requests by employers who want to reach North Iowa Area Community College (NIACC) alumni with their job announcements, officials at the College have created an online listing of job opportunities. Online job listings can now be found on the NIACC web site at www.niacc.edu. The employers posting jobs range from local businesses to companies across the nation. These are not jobs at NIACC. Web site design is important for small businesses.
“Reaching out to NIACC alumni is something employers have been asking us to do,” said Renee Anderson-Bartz, Project Coordinator of the Iowa-Advanced Manufacturing (I-AM) grant at NIACC. “We had a team of people on campus that helped us configure this new system. It’s working very well. Business leaders are happy to see this project get off the ground.”
One of the best aspects of this, Anderson-Bartz said, is that there’s no cost and no need to create an account requiring you to provide personal information just to view the jobs. “This list serves two audiences: those who are searching for a job and employers who wish to post open positions,” she said.
“At NIACC, we really do care about the success of our students while they’re here and long after they graduate,” said NIACC President Steve Schulz. “This is what community colleges do so well. We educate and train students, and then we help them find a job.”
Whether you are just beginning your career, are making a career change or simply wondering if there’s a better job out there, this is a valuable tool to help.
Here’s how it works:
· If you’re looking for a job: visit www.NIACC.edu/jobs and you’ll instantly have access to job opportunities that have been submitted by employers who are eager to fill their vacancies.
· Employers who wish to post a job opportunity: Employers who want to connect with NIACC alumni and graduating students can post their open positions on NIACC.edu/jobs. It’s an easy three step process:
1. Go to www.niacc.edu and click on the “Quick Links” section located at the very top right of the home page.
2. Click on “Resources,” then “Job Posting Form.”
3. Fill out the form and submit. Your post will appear once it has been approved.