Council candidate Draper gearing up for election (VIDEO)

This news story was published on May 5, 2013.

Jody Draper at Cabin Coffee, Saturday,May 4th, 2013

Jody Draper at Cabin Coffee, Saturday,May 4th, 2013

MASON CITY – At-Large Mason City Council candidate Jody Draper held an informal gathering at Cabin Coffee Saturday.

Draper, supported by friends and family, gathered signatures for her election bid and chatted with interested Mason City citizens.

“It’s always good to hear a new perspective,” a Mason City teacher said, before signing Draper’s petition form.

“I have over 400 signatures,” Draper said. “I’ve been knocking on doors, talking with the voters.”

So far, no one else has declared their intention to run for the at-large seat currently held by Scott Tornquist.

The election will be held this November.

Watch video interview:

httpv://youtu.be/rX0SO8piJPk

Need help with your website?
Call your local professional,
Breakthrough Web Design:
515-897-1144
or go to
BreakthoughWebDesign.com

12 Responses to Council candidate Draper gearing up for election (VIDEO)

1. Just My Opinion Reply Report comment

May 5, 2013 at 7:33 pm

I’m definitely leaning toward Ms. Draper. I want to learn more about her before I make a decision, however. I do know that I’d like to see Tornquist out of there.

2. Laker Forever Reply Report comment

May 5, 2013 at 7:21 pm

@ Democrat: Right. Urdahl and Dougherty are in hock to Gary Blodgett, because he funds their re-elections. We in Clear Lake know all too well how this local fascist nutcase skews our elections. NIT’s story last month about Urdahl and Dougherty asking doc’s Nazi son for help in beating Jodi showed how dependent the Supervisors are on the Blodgetts. Mason City needs not for Mr. Tornquist to become the latest beneficiary of this greedy, right wing control freak.

• Irene from the lake Reply Report comment

May 5, 2013 at 9:05 pm

Your so right, do not let Dr Blodgett buy this election like he did Nelson Crabb our mayor and Bob Amonssen & some CL city council members. One of the places he owns on South Shore drive I know is in real bad violation for wiring, asbestas, termite, ect, you name it, its in wrong with city code. The place is a fire trap about to fall down. His junkie son live there every summer, always has drunks over to party, who knows what. He traps raccoons keeps them in cages outside. Him & his buddy’s keep us awake at all hours & cops don’t do nothing. MC don’t need this kind of problem.

• Cheryl Reply Report comment

May 5, 2013 at 9:38 pm

It is worse then that Irene. Last summer Blodgetts Nazi son the drug addict your talking about threatened to shoot a man that stole his wallet at the bar across the street where he lives. Cops got there the guy he pulled the gun on told them he fear for his life. So what do the cops do. They cuff the man led him out and said you have a good night Mr. Blodgett.

3. bio Reply Report comment

May 5, 2013 at 6:48 pm

Hey Matt, can you provide us some information/bio on Jodi to get to know her a little better?
    Thanks.

4. LVS Reply Report comment

May 5, 2013 at 6:31 pm

Good Luck to you Jodie. Protect yourself at all times.

5. Faye Reply Report comment

May 5, 2013 at 1:59 pm

I too will try to talk her up, she seems very level headed, which is something we don’t have on the council right now. I have tried to contact all of them and never got a response from any one except the mayor, and he tried to big shot, even though I help pay his salary….Jim

6. Faye Reply Report comment

May 5, 2013 at 1:59 pm

7. a real Democrat Reply Report comment

May 5, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Good luck to you young lady, you will be real good to have on our Council. Beware Jay Urdahl and his rubber stamp stooge Dougherty. They want you to loose, got busted talking to Mr. Nazi drug addict Todd Blodgett how to beat you. Maybe you can set up a internet site like Blimpmeister did raise some money off it. Jay and Phil will do what ever to beat you this includes getting they’re rightwingnutcase sugar daddy Gary Blodgett to write big checks to Turdquist also get other selfish One% fascists throw down big money they will try to beat you.

• Katie Reply Report comment

May 5, 2013 at 1:55 pm

Disrespectful people like you supporting Jodi do not help her cause any. Kindly be respectful or keep quiet so you don’t damage her image.

• a real Democrat Reply Report comment

May 5, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Okay Katie why should we respect a Nazi crack head who launders money would of been in prison if it was not for the same sugar daddy that buy’s elections for Jay and Phil. I was respectfull to Miss Drapers my beef is how Urdahl get’s Gary Blodgett to thrown money down against good canidates the people want to win.

8. Michael Servantez Reply Report comment

May 5, 2013 at 12:26 pm

Wow, Its sure good to see someone with common sense and smart. I feel she would be the right person for the job ahead. She will be getting my support for sure in November. Jody– if you need anymore signatures, I will sign, and if you need to put up a sign, you have it here. Good luck, and I will be talking to people about you.