Tea Party activists urge Palin to run for Senate seat

This news story was published on May 2, 2013.

Sarah Palin in Iowa with Iowa Rep. Linda Upmeyer in 2012

Sarah Palin in Iowa with Iowa Rep. Linda Upmeyer in 2012

SEATTLE, May 1 (UPI) — Sarah Palin’s supporters are urged to contribute money toward recruiting her to run for the U.S. Senate, the Tea Party Leadership Fund said.

“We know that, with Sarah in the Senate, conservatives across America can rest a little easier at night knowing she’s at the watch,” an email from Todd Cefratti of the Leadership Fund, sent this week to supporters, read in part.

She would run against incumbent Mark Begich, D-Alaska, the Los Angeles Times noted.

Palin abandoned the Alaska governorship in 2009 in the middle of her first term. She ran as the Republican vice presidential candidate in 2008.

“I don’t see Governor Palin as a likely opponent [of Begich],” said Anchorage pollster Matt Larkin, whose firm worked for Palin’s gubernatorial campaign. “She doesn’t have the popularity she once had in the state of Alaska. It’s fallen off significantly.”

Copyright 2013 United Press International, Inc. (UPI).

Need help with your website?
Call your local professional,
Breakthrough Web Design:
515-897-1144
or go to
BreakthoughWebDesign.com

15 Responses to Tea Party activists urge Palin to run for Senate seat

1. btincc Reply Report comment

May 9, 2013 at 10:48 am

I think she’d be great, too. Probably a lot more effective as a U.S. senator than she would have been as veep anyway.

• LVS Reply Report comment

May 9, 2013 at 10:57 am

@btincc-I completely agree with your statement. She is so much better than the current bunch of liberals there is no comparison. She would do a great job enforcing our rights from the bunch that wants to take them away.

2. OMG Reply Report comment

May 2, 2013 at 5:59 pm

I would love to have her in the senate. One thing is LVS she is one not to compromise she stands for the core principles of conservatism. No amnesty, enforce current gun laws don’t add more, is for family and believes in individualism.

3. Just My Opinion Reply Report comment

May 2, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Please, please run, Sarah! I could use some chuckles, and you never disappoint!

4. LVS Reply Report comment

May 2, 2013 at 9:59 am

That crack about lipstick on your pig really smarts don’t it? The truth hurts so bad. You go Sara. We need someone in their to fight for the conservatives.

May 2, 2013 at 10:27 am

It would be hilarious if she ran. I can’t wait!

• marco rubio Reply Report comment

May 2, 2013 at 12:22 pm

Ah shucks LVS, lighten up already. You have to admit that you miss Tina Fey. Don’t be such an old fuddy duddy.

• LVS Reply Report comment

May 2, 2013 at 2:27 pm

@marco-I like Tina pretty well also. Even if she is a lib. I just won’t ask her about her politics.

May 2, 2013 at 3:15 pm

and don’t ask Palin about how she learned about Russia.

• LVS Reply Report comment

May 2, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Everyone knows she could see it from her deck.

May 2, 2013 at 3:32 pm

my point exactly, hilarious.

• Low Info Voters Reply Report comment

May 2, 2013 at 4:26 pm

Facts are important. It was Tina Fey, an actress, impersonating Palin that said “I can see Russia from my house!” In the 2008 interview with Charles Gibson, Palin actually said They’re our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska. There is a difference in acting on tv and what is realty. No wonder our country has so many problems–it’s called low information voters.

• LVS Reply Report comment

May 2, 2013 at 4:53 pm

@low info-not to worry. I would vote for her any way. She is head over heals better than any damorat that could run. Only STUPD People that STINK are to ignorant to vote. You really have to wonder about someone who is always trying to tell the world how smart she is don’t you?

• sickastupd Reply Report comment

May 2, 2013 at 5:39 pm

See? You are obsessed with me! I’m not even commenting in this thread! Sorry, LVStd, I’m not available!

5. marco rubio Reply Report comment

May 2, 2013 at 9:39 am

How embarrassing for Linda Upmeyer to be seen with Mamma Grizley and then to actually go on record that she appreciated the advise that McCains nightmare gave her. Probably something to do with lipstick and pigs.