Sports Betting Online Betway

Charles City and Mason City police work together to investigate burglaries

This news story was published on December 26, 2012.

CHARLES CITY – On the morning of December 17th, 2012, the Charles City Police Department (CCPD) took reports from 3 residents that their house had been burglarized on the south side of town. Numerous items were taken from the residences. It was reported the houses were entered during the overnight hours of December 16th-17th. All three houses were occupied during the burglaries.

The CCPD also took reports of attempted burglaries during the same time period. Either entry was not gained or nothing was taken during these reports.

On 12-23-2012, the Charles City Police Department executed a search warrant on a residence in the 600 block of South Jackson Avenue in Mason City. Several items relating to one of the burglaries were seized by officers. The Mason City Police Department assisted the CCPD in executing the search warrant.

Following this investigation, the CCPD then applied for a search warrant for a residence in the 900 block of D Street in Charles City. The warrant was executed and more evidence from one burglary was seized. Illegal narcotics were also seized and the Department of Human Services was notified on that date.

The Charles City Police Department did arrest and charge Matthew Ward, 25, Charles City, with aiding and abetting 2nd degree burglary, a class C felony. He was arrested on December 23, 2012 and taken to the Floyd County jail. He was released by the magistrate the next day.

The investigation continues and an arrest warrant has been requested on a subject from Mason City. Other charges are pending involving the case. The Charles City Police Department was assisted by the Floyd County Sheriffs Office and the Mason City Police Department during the investigation into this case.

11 Responses to Charles City and Mason City police work together to investigate burglaries

LVS Reply Report comment

December 27, 2012 at 11:46 am

Sorry you feel that way, but I can’t retreat. Can’t walk you see.

just me Reply Report comment

December 26, 2012 at 8:10 pm

If the other person is not able to speak anymore easy to tell your story

50 miles south Reply Report comment

December 27, 2012 at 8:50 am

you must be an officer of the law. maybe from eldora or cedar rapids? both recently had deaths while in custody. funny tho, it took 6 months or more to figure out what caused the killing in both cases, while it only takes a day to know all information when joe down the street is involved. ever think people wouldnt develope an attitude if everyone was treated equal?

sad but true Reply Report comment

December 26, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Not as long as they are in HIS HOME!! Free to protect yourself and family, INSIDE the home

December 26, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Hopefully you have a good probable cause. Meaning, evidence that the burglar intended to do you harm.

LVS Reply Report comment

December 26, 2012 at 2:57 pm

I really hope the catch these jerks and put them away for a long time. If they don’t, it is just a matter of time until they break into the wrong house and get shot. If they should be unfortunate enough to break into mine they will meet my friend Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson. They won’t like them. Ah damn it, there I called them names again.

December 26, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Sadly though, YOU will be the one going to jail.

LVS Reply Report comment

December 27, 2012 at 9:18 am

Not if they are inside my home. I have the “right” to protect myself and property. I know rights are something liberals want to do away with, but for now I still have them.

December 27, 2012 at 9:37 am

Wrong. You need to read the law. Maybe you and mr smith and mr wesson need some training.

LVS Reply Report comment

December 27, 2012 at 9:50 am

@anoonymous-I think you are wrong. I talked to some police officers the other day and was told if they are in my house or even trying to get in my house they are showing intent to harm me or my wife and we have the right to protect ourselves. Now, I am old and laws do change but the officers were young and just out of the accademy so I am going with their opinion.

December 27, 2012 at 10:02 am

You have the right to retreat. Cops aren’t lawyers. Believe what you want, the law will continue to be the law.