House near Plymouth severly damaged by fire Monday afternoon

This news story was published on August 6, 2012.

PLYMOUTH – Details are still emerging, but a house was severely damaged Monday afternoon by a fire.

At about 5:45 PM, a fire was reported at 23794 330th Street, just east of Plymouth.

At the scene, the home and garage were fully engulfed in flames and the garage was burned to the ground.

Nora Springs, Plymouth and other fire personnel were responding to the scene.

There did not appear to be anyone in the home at the time of the fire; a sheriff’s deputy confirmed this.

Click here to view photos.

Watch video:

httpv://youtu.be/aS70qgBTZy4

Need help with your website?
Call your local professional,
Breakthrough Web Design:
515-897-1144
or go to
BreakthoughWebDesign.com

7 Responses to House near Plymouth severly damaged by fire Monday afternoon

1. Polio Loco Reply Report comment

August 6, 2012 at 10:13 pm

NorthIowaToday.com gets the NEWS, before it’s HISTORY. And I feel very sad for the homeowner. Glad he wasn’t home or injured in the fire. Very sad for sure.

August 6, 2012 at 10:12 pm

I love NIT photographers, great pictures!

3. Correct address Reply Report comment

August 6, 2012 at 10:09 pm

I’ve read a lot of comments about people complaining about small errors on NIT’s stories. This time, NIT got the address right and the other two media’s had it wrong. Under the pic of the Globe it says 3330th Street and KIMT’s pic says 33rd Street. NIT is right saying it was 330th Street. Way to go NIT!! The saying “The First, the Best!” goes to you.

4. Photos Reply Report comment

August 6, 2012 at 10:02 pm

5. Monkey See Reply Report comment

August 6, 2012 at 9:59 pm

Once again KIMT & the Globe got out scooped by NIT! Good job NIT we love you!

6. Bailey Reply Report comment

August 6, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Good job NIT. You beat the Globe to the story again. They probably only went there since they watch NIT all day. Matt do you ever think the Globe is copying you. NIT is the news leader now.

• Matt Marquardt Reply Report comment

August 6, 2012 at 10:38 pm

I guess to answer your question, it doesn’t escape my attention that NIT is beating the Globe and KIMT regularly. Honestly, I never look at their websites, I only know this from people on the street approaching me and telling me… thanking me many times. NIT is striving for blunt truth; that’s how I like to run NIT. We won’t always be first, and we won’t get every story, but we are doing what we can. I do appreciate your kind words.