UPDATED: Mason City teen dies from gunshot

This news story was published on April 23, 2012.

RUDD –  Mason City teen has died after a gun accident near Rudd.

Hunter D. True, 17 of 1612 N. Federal, died Sunday, April 22, 1012 at Mercy Medical Center, Mason City.

The time of the services and other information will be forth coming following the release of Hunter from the state medical examiners office. Tentatively the family has set the service for Friday, April 27th at Holy Family Catholic Church, 714 N. Adams. Other arrangements are incomplete at this time and further announcement will be made.

Condolences may be shared with the family at www.Fullertonfh.com.

23 Responses to UPDATED: Mason City teen dies from gunshot

1. lucky Reply Report comment

April 28, 2012 at 4:27 am

Wow I can’t believe you all have so much time in wasting your opinion on here….its really sad. This is why the world is the way it is. People only truly only care about themselves and what they will get out of it. Do you really know the true meaning and your purpose on earth ?!? Sometimes keeping your comments to yourself is best. I know I was taught if don’t have nothing nice to say then you have nothing to say. Worry only about things you really can control because our country and world would be in such a better place. Look life is way too short love and like your neighbors !!!

April 23, 2012 at 5:11 pm

Know both families and it is a real sad day for both.

3. Bluntgirl72 Reply Report comment

April 23, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Sympathy first…..but you mean not only out of town black guys shoot and kill people too?! From the reporting of both here and the globe it wouldn’t happen to a local white boy. Think about that before your hate speech

• Good Question Reply Report comment

April 23, 2012 at 4:54 pm

You make no sense at all, no one anywhere put anything about out of town black guys.

• TheRealFred Reply Report comment

April 24, 2012 at 5:52 pm

Go smoke another one. U sound so intelligent.

4. anonymous Reply Report comment

April 23, 2012 at 1:56 pm

I hate the fact that people have no respect and have to splatter everything on facebook. My goodness, maybe all the family members don’t know, maybe the family members don’t want everyone talking about it on facebook. I would hate to find out about tragedy of a loved one on facebook! I don’t care if all the kids at the high school are talking about it, maybe the kids parents need to talk to them about respect.

• Liz Reply Report comment

April 24, 2012 at 9:09 am

Do you know the family at all? Many of the family members posted on facebook about it before the media had any information.

5. Maklena Reply Report comment

April 23, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Yes, it IS on Facebook, and yes, he has passed away. Another family in our community is overwhelmed with sadness AGAIN. Matt, thank u for waiting for facts before elaborating. Rumors always run rampant in a small town…especially when the family is so beloved. RIP young man, and may your family’s pain be eased by love & support from all who know & care for them.

6. UStoleMyName Reply Report comment

April 23, 2012 at 12:35 pm

What the hell is wrong with people? It’s getting to the point that we aren’t going to have to worry about the Mayan calender prediction of the world ending at the end of this year… we’re just going to kill ourselves off before it gets here!

• Good Question Reply Report comment

April 23, 2012 at 1:29 pm

I heard it was an accident. My heart goes out to all those involved.

April 23, 2012 at 11:56 am

Another sad day for MC youth.

April 23, 2012 at 11:51 am

Watcher spend your time watching the globe or doesn’t the beerman want you doing that.

• Watcher Reply Report comment

April 23, 2012 at 11:58 am

Nonny – You missed it by a long ways, I think there is over 4-5 degrees of seperation between me and the politics of North Iowa.

9. gloria Reply Report comment

April 23, 2012 at 11:46 am

KIMT is reporting the teen was killed, and also listed the address where it happend and the type of firearm. Praying for the family.

10. o w anderson Reply Report comment

April 23, 2012 at 11:32 am

Another sad situation for all the families.

11. Watcher Reply Report comment

April 23, 2012 at 11:26 am

Matt – I would hate to see someone “accidentally” leak out the minors name or any information that would expose this child on this open comment thread.

• Matt Marquardt Reply Report comment

April 23, 2012 at 11:28 am

Watcher: We will monitor closely. Thanks for the note.

April 23, 2012 at 11:36 am

So you saying Matt shouldn’y have a picture of the house and being trying to sell a picture of the house like the globe gazzette does right now? Or naming what he was shot with and two other juvinilles are being investigated like the globe?

By selling the picture of the house is the Globe trying to profit off finding a picture on the internet and demanding payment for it?

• Watcher Reply Report comment

April 23, 2012 at 11:51 am

I don’t agree with all that has been released, but I have to note though, the comment thread on the Glob is closed.

That will keep someone from blurting something stupid out (which never happens on here) and releasing the protected information.

• gloria Reply Report comment

April 23, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Every student at MCHS already knows who it is. It will be posted on hundreds of facebook pages before it is released to the public. Thats how word gets around in a small town.

April 23, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Actually watcher the comment thread on the Globe is closed except on their Facebook page.

• Watcher Reply Report comment

April 23, 2012 at 3:27 pm

It is harder to post something stupid on a thread like that on Facebook, where you have to put your real name (yes I know some idiots have found a way around that) on the line.

Still the amount of coverage does tend to push too many lines.

I am very careful about what I post on any media’s open Facebook page. I was contacted once because a media thought I had some pertinent information by what I was posting… I did, but I was not willing to share it with them.