Clear Lake man arrested for lacivious acts with child

This news story was published on April 23, 2012.

CLEAR LAKE – At approximately 10:00 pm on April 21st Clear lake Police Officers arrested 32 year old Edrick Morris of Clear Lake on two counts Committing Lascivious Acts with a Child, a class C felony. According to Police Chief Greg Peterson, the arrest is a culmination of an investigation that began on March 14, 2012. The charges stem from an incident in November of 2011 and another incident on March 14, 2012 at Morris’ residence where he allegedly committed sexual acts with a 13 year old female.

After his arrest, Morris was booked at the Clear Lake Police Department and then transported to the Cerro Gordo County Jail where he is currently being held. A cash only bond of $20,000 has been set for his release until his next court appearance scheduled for April 27, 2012.

SUBJECT IS INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.

17 Responses to Clear Lake man arrested for lacivious acts with child

1. anonymous Reply Report comment

April 24, 2012 at 6:29 am

Matt, I wish you would remove the comments from “disgusted” and anyone else who feels the 13 year old is to blame here. I understand that your site allows people to speak their minds, but these comments are going just a bit too far. A 13 year old is a child and I am sickened by the comments made on here about this young person.

2. foxy50 Reply Report comment

April 23, 2012 at 11:07 pm

This girl probley been exposed to this behavior some where before. Sometimes it is because you have got a mother who is always bring men in the house or what ever. No father image around or left alone too much. If we don’t know the whole story we can’t be speculating.

April 23, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Maybe he threatened her and her family after the first time and told her something bad would happen if she told anyone. Then after this last time she decided no, my family will protect me so she told. Good for her for breaking her silence!!

4. disgusted Reply Report comment

April 23, 2012 at 6:43 pm

Really stupid,why would I want her number.Ahh I hardly think I want her number or his.

April 23, 2012 at 6:08 pm

Maybe you should wonder what type of guy he is unless your just her to try and get the 13yr old’s number.

6. anonymous Reply Report comment

April 23, 2012 at 6:03 pm

I have a 13 year old daughter and am disgusted by the comments made here about the girl. An adult should never touch a 13 year old. NEVER. What is wrong with you people?

• Observer Reply Report comment

April 23, 2012 at 11:15 pm

I asked the same question when I read some of the comments here. Adults should know better, I don’t care what the girl was exposed to, or the family background.

To even suggest any fault lay with the girl, is unconscionable.

7. disgusted Reply Report comment

April 23, 2012 at 5:08 pm

What if the 13 yr. old girl is lying?? Then whos life has been ruined??

• Joe McKnitz Reply Report comment

April 23, 2012 at 5:18 pm

If you look at the court records they obtained a DNA sample in March. It took a few weeks to get the results back, but DNA don’t lie.

8. disgusted Reply Report comment

April 23, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Sorry to disappoint anyone I do not an ever have used drugs.Just sayin I do not agree with touchin children in any way sexual or not,but there are 2 sides to every story.

April 23, 2012 at 4:55 pm

Does this guy have a job…NOPE, Does this man beat his wife…YEP, Does this man get drunk all day every day…YEP. Will their be a loss to society if he is put in prison for 20 years…HELL NO.

9. disgusted Reply Report comment

April 23, 2012 at 3:58 pm

We all need to hear the whole story,not just what is printed here.Look into the girls backround an go from there.

April 23, 2012 at 4:30 pm

AHH disgusted is upset her drug dealer got arrested.

• BladyBlah Reply Report comment

April 23, 2012 at 4:30 pm

HER background has nothing to do with it!!!!!!!!!!! I am tired of seeing people post stupid things like this. I don’t know either party but was just disgusted by this comment. By YOUR standards it is OK to rape a woman that is drunk and standing in the same room with you in her underwear? the point is she is a CHILD he should have said NO.. He deserves EVERYTHING he gets. It is not OK to sleep with a CHILD no matter their AGE. I have a 13 year old daughter and will refrain from saying what would happen to ANYONE that messes with my CHILD!!!

MY POINT IS IT IS NOT OK TO SLEEP WITH CHILDREN!!!!! Anyone who thinks so is SICK IN THE HEAD and Should get LIFE IN PRISON is a fair trade for ruining the life of said child!!!!

• Stitchs Reply Report comment

April 23, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Dont think he’ll make it to prison look at his neck looks like a dad tryed but the truth will come out eventually

10. LVS Reply Report comment

April 23, 2012 at 3:51 pm

20,000 bond is nothing. He will make bond and disappear. If he is guilty just shoot him.

11. John Bunnell Reply Report comment

April 23, 2012 at 3:41 pm

IF, this is true, and he is found guilty, I’d say castration is in order.