DES MOINES – The Supreme Court made appointments to the Iowa Access to Justice Commission.
The supreme court appoints the following persons to the Iowa Access to Justice Commission (Commission) to serve a three-year term from October 1, 2022, to September 30, 2025:
– Maria Brownell, West Des Moines
– Melissa Cano-Zelaya, Des Moines
– Brynne Howard, West Des Moines
– Hon. Stephen Owen, Nevada
– Carissa Vogel, Iowa City.
The court appoints Ian Russell, Davenport, to the Commission to serve a
one-year term from October 1, 2022, to September 30, 2023.
The court reappoints the following Commission members to serve second terms from October 1, 2022, to September 30, 2025:
– Kevin Patrick, Des Moines
– Hon. Dustria Relph, Corydon
– Carrie Slagle, Cedar Rapids
– Megan Srinivas, Des Moines
– Shelley Whitcher, Council Bluffs, as Vice-Chair of the Commission.