CEDAR FALLS – A man was arrested in Northern Iowa for firing a gun during an alleged domestic attack.
On March 6, 2022 at approx. 3:41 PM, Cedar Falls Police Officers were called to 712 Main St. for an assault in progress with a weapon involved. Upon arrival, Cedar Falls Officers met with a victim who advised that her fiancé and the father of her child identified as 21-year-old Randal Lee Maifeld, assaulted her physically and threatened her along with witnesses with a gun. The victim also reported that Maifeld fired the weapon during the incident. Maifeld was later located at a different location and taken into custody.
Cedar Falls Officers were assisted by officers from the Hudson Police Department and the Black Hawk County Sheriff’s Office.
Randal Lee Maifeld was charged with:
1. Intimidation with a Weapon; a Class C Felony
2. Domestic Abuse Assault with Strangulation; a Class D Felony
3. Domestic Abuse Assault; a Serious Misdemeanor
4. Reckless Use of a Firearm.: an Aggravated Misdemeanor
5. Child Endangerment: an Aggravated Misdemeanor