CLEAR LAKE – Two women were arrested and charged on June 27, 2019, regarding the vehicle driving into Clear Lake on Sunday morning, June 23.
After a thorough investigation in coordination with the Cerro Gordo County Sheriff’s Office, Clear Lake Police officers were able to determine that the vehicle, a 2019 Ford Focus, was not stolen but unintentionally driven into the lake by the owner’s friend. The vehicle owner, Jessica Rush, allegedly allowed Ashlyn Petersen to drive her car home Sunday morning. Rush was the passenger when the vehicle went into the lake. The owner of the vehicle originally reported to police that the vehicle had been stolen from a location in Clear Lake.
Jessica Lacy Rush, age 26 of Manly, IA, was charged with:
– False Report of an Indictable Offense to a Public Entity, a serious misdemeanor.
Ashlyn Marie Petersen, age 26 of Mason City, was charged with:
– False Report of an Indictable Offense to a Public Entity, a serious misdemeanor
– Leaving the Scene of a Property Damage Accident (simple misdemeanor)
– Failure to Maintain Control (simple misdemeanor)
– Violation of a Restricted License (simple misdemeanor)