VENTURA – A Mason City man sped away from police in Clear Lake on his motorcycle, but was soon caught when the vehicle broke down.
On June 24, 2019, around 4:40 am, officers arrested Crisstian D. Jacobs, age 19, of Mason City, Iowa, on several traffic charges. Jacobs, driving a motorcycle, was observed by a Clear Lake police officer traveling west on Highway 18 in Ventura at a high rate of speed. The officer, driving a marked police vehicle, attempted to pull the motorcycle over, but Jacobs allegedly failed to yield when emergency lights were activated.
Jacobs proceeded to the intersection of North Shore Drive and Woodlane Drive in Clear Lake. The motorcycle quit running due to a mechanical issue and Jacobs was taken into custody without incident or injuries.
Jacobs was charged with:
- Eluding- speed over 25 miles per hour over posted speed limit
- Fail to show proof of liability insurance
- No valid drivers license
- Fail to obey a traffic control device
- Speeding, 65 mph in a 45 mph zone
- Speeding, 71 mph in a 55 mph zone
- Speeding, 75 mph in a 25 mph zone
Jacobs was transported to the Cerro Gordo County Jail.