Breakthrough Web Design - 641-201-1459 - Build Your Online Presence
News & Entertainment for Mason City, Clear Lake & the North Iowa Region
• Founded 2010

Mason City woman disputes charges brought by police after alleged dog attack

This news story was published on March 20, 2019.

MASON CITY – A Mason City woman vehemently denies charges brought by police after a child suffered an injury caused by her dog.

Tammy Starbuck of Mason City was recently cited by Mason City police for no rabies vaccination and not permit animal to attack, harass, bite, scratch after a child in her care was injured by a dog. The full story is here. The following is a statement sent to NIT by Tammy Starbuck regarding this incident; she asked that it be published:

Photo sent by Tammy Starbuck to NIT

“Okay Dustin is the father to the lil boy Jj who has a brother too. Dustin dates my daughter Brooke . They won tickets to a concert and malina my youngest daughter was going to babysit for them Thursday night till Friday afternoon. To save time on Thursday they decided to spend the night Wednesday night I cooked supper while the kids played Dustin and Brooke are here malina is here it’s a very awesome night. I was in the kitchen cooking supper and Luna was with me there’s food cooking she knows she gets what’s left lol. I had the oven door open to get the chicken out and I only have one arm so I don’t like lil kids in the kitchen when cooking anything could happen. Jj was heading my way and I told him no grandma got hots stay out but he kept coming. I don’t know if you have a dog or not but when a dog comes to you and you hit your chest and say up? How they jump up? That’s what Luna Mae did to stop Jj from coming into the kitchen. Jj didn’t even cry at first until we noticed blood. Luna didn’t mean to him in fact I have a picture of the two boys after it happened together on the couch. Dustin and Brooke immediately cleaned it up and put a bandaid yes one bandaid on it. This happened Wednesday night. I’m fighting the one charge I have over 100 photos of Luna from 8weeks old to present with Jj in them as Luna grew up. I have a photo of Luna snuggled with my 4 month old granddaughter save as can be. Yes she’s lury of men at first but I’m single and she protects us I have no gun. She warms up to them sooner or later but she just barks at them it’s annoying. She protects my grandkids she would never hurt them but I’m not sure what she would do to a stranger because when the kids get in trouble by there parents she goes to the kids defense. I would never let any animal attack a child and not stop it. People who know me are going to laugh at your article because you don’t know me. No Luna didn’t have her rabies shots damn it life got busy it’s no excuse but I’ll take that blame but Luna Mae comes home Monday chipped shots and tags and everyone misses her. On the 27 I’m pleading not guilty to the vicious dog charge I have over 30 personal witnesses for Luna thousands of photos and if allowed Luna herself. You have a wonderful day knowing that your story was way off.”

In answer to the rabies vaccination citation:

“I’m pleading guilty to the no rabies it is my own fault. I was planning on getting her to the vet this week but this happened. I’m newly divorced from an abusive man and just getting on my feet again. No excuse for not doing it sooner other than I needed to save up money too. The vicious dog I’m pleading not guilty because she’s not. I understand the father didn’t do what was right by his son yes he should have gone to the er. I told him to take him knowing our dog would be taken but I didn’t care that lil boy was more important. I want you also to know by publishing that story you just gave my abusive x husband my address. I pray he didn’t read the article if so looks like my daughter and I will be moving again.”

15 Responses to Mason City woman disputes charges brought by police after alleged dog attack

March 22, 2019 at 6:33 pm

Proof some people never change.Hell I remember her from eighties and her bar life.She is almost unrecognizable because of drugs.Anyone around then know the real person she is really.

March 22, 2019 at 7:37 am

It’s always the unprotected fault (DOG -Conservative)

N.E.MCMAN Reply Report comment

March 21, 2019 at 10:03 am

Excuses, excuses, excuses…..

Excuses are like a nose (my other example isn’t “proper”) everybody has at least one and she seems to have plenty of them.

March 21, 2019 at 9:18 am

Sound like the officer was racist -hates dogs !

Stick Your Identity Politics Up Your Ass Reply Report comment

March 22, 2019 at 12:12 pm

Really? Does everything have to be about racism? Just another stupid liberal comment.

March 22, 2019 at 12:35 pm

Really? Does everything have to be about politics?Just another stupid comment.

sad but true Reply Report comment

March 21, 2019 at 7:45 am

let me guess, how many kids by how many different dads, and they are all gone. food stamps, title 19, free heating, free housing, free healthcare.
    and everything is everybody elses fault.
    and this describes how many households in mason city?

anonymous Reply Report comment

March 21, 2019 at 9:56 am

This family is a complete shit show. Tammy has always been a pretty nice person…(drive through taco johns) However that family is a mess. Her kids are complete trash and act as such. I hope DHS gets involved and checks on all those kids that “stay” at her house…more like permanently live there since their parents are to busy. Unfortunate situation about the dog though.

Sad All The Way Around Reply Report comment

March 21, 2019 at 7:29 am

It is clear to me that some literary genius can’t cypher.

Because someone has less education and speaks differently doesn’t make them less valuable.

The lady takes responsibility but denies her dog is vicious. I suspect there is more to the story.

Those that scorn her for not writing or speaking as others lack good judgment!

March 21, 2019 at 10:18 am

Thank you for saying that. A few people on this site are quick to judgment and hold themselves above all the rest of us. They profess to be patriots and Christians but their hatred of all who are different from them, or in some cases very similar to them, is hypocritical at best. Those few would prefer that only they were living here and that all who don’t meet their standards be gone. I don’t know this woman or her family, but she is trying to explain her side of the story. There is nothing wrong with that nor is there anyone out there who knows what she has gone through. Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes sometimes, and you might be a bit slower to criticize.

March 21, 2019 at 12:40 am

you have to realize where its coming from, then u will understand her

March 20, 2019 at 6:55 pm

So you just admitted the dog bit the child. Guilty.
    I sentence you to an adult education class in Written Communication.

March 20, 2019 at 6:01 pm

Lady, all I want to know is whether or not your dog scratched/bit the little girl and drew blood. Keep your poor, pitiful me story for the Hallmark network. What is so hard in this country about accepting responsibility for what people do??

March 20, 2019 at 3:30 pm

This is all I can think of after reading this:

what I’ve just read is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone who read this is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

March 21, 2019 at 4:13 pm

“At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought” and that’s as witty as this commenter can get. I’ve read that tired little line several times now. Write another pseudo intellectual quip, your current horse is long dead and you’re still beating it. You had one original thought, once. It was weeks ago and its obvious you’re out of them.