MESERVEY – A house in Meservey burned Monday morning, authorities say.
On March 4th at approximately 9:10 AM, dispatch received a call of a house fire at 205 Ohio Street in Meservey. The resident Brittany Santos-Thompson, along with her three children had left the residence and was at a neighbor’s house. The fire appears to have started from a heater that was in a bedroom. There were no injuries to the family. Due to the smoke damage the residence is currently inhabitable. One dog and one cat were recovered by the fire department. One cat remains unaccounted for.
The Cerro Gordo County Sheriff’s Office was assisted by Meservey Fire and EMT’s and Thornotn Fire and EMT’s.