Breakthrough Web Design - 515-897-1144 - Web sites for businesses
News & Entertainment for Mason City, Clear Lake & the Entire North Iowa Region

Founded October 1, 2010


House fire reported in Mason City Thursday morning (photos & video)



This news story was published on February 22, 2018.
Advertise on NIT Subscribe to NIT

MASON CITY – A house burned Thursday in Mason City, causing what appears to be severe damage to the structure.

The fire was at 1406 South Georgia Avenue, beginning sometime around 10 AM. Sources tell NIT the house and a garage were on fire and there was lots of smoke at the scene. A powerline may have come down on a vehicle there, with potentially at least one person inside the vehicle.

The house is owned by Gordon and Paula Linnevold and was built in 1947.

More to come on this developing story.

Need help with your website?
Call your local professional,
Breakthrough Web Design:
515-897-1144
or go to
BreakthoughWebDesign.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

 characters available

3 Responses to House fire reported in Mason City Thursday morning (photos & video)

  1. Anonymous Reply Report comment

    February 23, 2018 at 5:19 am

    “Sources tell NIT the house and a garage were on fire and there was lots of smoke at the scene”. What a brilliant observation Marquardt!

  2. Anonymous Reply Report comment

    February 23, 2018 at 1:55 am

    them firemen did a real good job, they saved the basement

  3. Ralph Reply Report comment

    February 22, 2018 at 10:04 pm

    Sad. They are great people. Hope all are ok.