Breakthrough Web Design - 515-897-1144 - Web sites for businesses
News & Entertainment for Mason City, Clear Lake & the North Iowa Region
Founded October 1, 2010

Electrical failure causes house to burn in Clear Lake


This news story was published on December 30, 2017.
Advertise on NIT Subscribe to NIT

Google image

CLEAR LAKE – An electrical failure caused a house to burn in Clear Lake early Saturday morning.

The Clear Lake Fire Department was dispatched to 908 7th Ave N for a reported structure fire, on Saturday, December 30th 2017, at approximately 4:10 AM. The Clear Lake Fire Department responded with 1 Ladder Company, 1 Rescue Company, 1 Engine Company, 1 Command Vehicle and an Ambulance with 14 Firefighters and 2 Medics. Ventura was called for automatic mutual aide and responded with 10 firefighters and 2 Engine Companies. Clear Lake Police were the first on scene and confirmed there was heavy smoke showing from the roofline. Once on scene CLFD made entry thru the back door and encountered light smoke. Fire was located in the entry way wall and attic of the house. We were able to make quick knock down of the fire, and then started overhaul making sure all hot spots were extinguished.

CLFD was on scene for about a 90 minutes.

Probable cause of the Fire is electrical failure. There were no smoke detectors in the house. No one was injured. Estimated damage is over $25,000. Clear Lake Fire Department was assisted on scene by the Clear Lake Police Department, Ventura Fire Department and Alliant Energy.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

 characters available