FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Matthew E. Marquardt
for Fourth Ward City Council
Offering truth, transparency, and responsive representation to Ward 4 residents.
If elected I’ll bring truth, transparency, and responsive representation to Ward 4 residents. I’ll be easily accessible and listen to concerns of ALL citizens.
Having attended Council meetings regularly for nearly 7 years, I’ve seen the positives and negatives from our municipal government. We can do better than we’ve done in recent years. Concerned citizens are letting me know I’m the right person to represent ward 4 on the City Council and I’m ready to serve.
My campaign platform highlights can be found at MarquardtforMasonCity.us. These highlights include:
- Fair, yet more aggressive code enforcement.
- Invest in ourselves FIRST with more programs to stimulate repair and upkeep of homes and businesses.
- Establishment of a new city department of economic development to be led by a professional in that field who answers to citizens in a transparent manner.
- Pave the streets in the Central Heights neighborhood. Let’s get it done!
- Research and pursue amenities that can be added to Mason City which attract professionals and families – yet do so with more community involvement and transparency and less risk to our taxpayers. Possible examples would be an arena, water park, museum, etc.
- Focus on sound infrastructure, streets and top-notch public safety (fire, EMT and police).
- Make citizens feel welcomed once again at city hall and council meetings.