Latest Mason City shooting victim dies from injuries

This news story was published on December 5, 2016.

MASON CITY – The victim of last week’s gun violence in Mason City has died from her injuries, and the charges against the suspect have been upgraded to murder in the first-degree.

On Sunday afternoon, December 4, 2016, the victim in Friday’s shooting at 116 17th Street SE died as a result of her injuries. She is identified as Samantha Jo Teeter, age 19, of Mason City.

Today, criminal charges against Larry Donnell Whaley, age 60, of Mason City, were filed for Murder in the First Degree, a Class A Felony, in violation of Iowa Code. Whaley is currently being held at the Cerro Gordo County Jail.

At approximately 3:53 AM on Friday, December 2, 2016, Mason City Police were called to 116 17th Street SE on a report of a shooting incident. When officers arrived on scene, they found a female with a gunshot wound. She was first transported to the hospital by the Mason City Fire Department. She was then transported by Air Ambulance to Mayo.

WHALEY

WHALEY

23 Responses to Latest Mason City shooting victim dies from injuries

Th Reply Report comment

December 8, 2016 at 5:51 pm

What really happened? Was she hooking for drugs? Or WAS she a family member of his?

************************************** Reply Report comment

December 6, 2016 at 5:06 pm

I just dont understand how the last 2 guys charged with murder dont know threir rights and then say they did not kill anyone. Stupid is stupid but ignorance is not to be tolerated. When they say I dont understand put a bullet in their fricken head and save everyone from paying for these dumb f**ks. They are a waste to human life. Save us tax payers. Bullet is only 50 cents.

December 6, 2016 at 2:46 pm

Eye for an eye. somebody shoot the piece of crap and save 45 years of taxpayer money.

#ItsAShame Reply Report comment

December 6, 2016 at 7:35 am

It’s a shame that her son has to go on with life without his mom regardless of the circumstances. It’s a shame that her family has lost a daughter and sister. Sympathy and compassion are rare traits in the comments on this website and that’s a shame too.

December 6, 2016 at 7:39 am

As I said, it is a shame that a pretty young girl had to die like that. What are we going to do about these import thugs in our city?

Diane Reply Report comment

December 6, 2016 at 1:30 pm

My heart literally aches over this. I cannot for the life of me, wrap my brain around what this p.o.s. has done to this beautiful now soul. The family of this young adult have all my thoughts and prayers.

December 5, 2016 at 8:17 pm

What is a 19 yr old girl with a child…. Doing at a 60yr old man’s place at 4am???

December 5, 2016 at 3:04 pm

Damn shame. She was a pretty girl and way to young to die like that. We need to do something about these thugs that are taking over our city.

7. Allen

Allen Reply Report comment

December 5, 2016 at 2:50 pm

And some people can’t understand why the ratio of African American to Caucasian people in prison is not balanced.

December 5, 2016 at 3:40 pm

Prison is racist!!

• Allen

Allen Reply Report comment

December 5, 2016 at 4:53 pm

And what does that have to do with the unbalanced ratio of black to white that are in prison.

December 5, 2016 at 2:33 pm

Another shitbag Chicago thug???

December 5, 2016 at 12:08 pm

Let’s see, what’s the common denominator here lately? Yeah, I know what it is.

December 5, 2016 at 12:48 pm

She was his niece and owed him money for drugs and didn’t have the money so he shot her as a lesson to others. How sad, one import shooting another over drugs.

December 5, 2016 at 3:27 pm

Where the Hell are you getting your Information from, none of that is true !!

Anonymous..... Reply Report comment

December 5, 2016 at 3:39 pm

I was thinking the same thing! Some people!!

December 5, 2016 at 12:05 pm

Greyhound busses to mason lowers the homicide rate in chitcago.

************************************** Reply Report comment

December 5, 2016 at 10:57 am

F**KEN import, all they want is white meat and drugs. When they dont get what they want they beat you and shoot your white ass. They will also make the white women the blame for everything and try to ruin her life. They are just scum that got run out of the Detroit and Chicago areas,

Dick Neely Reply Report comment

December 5, 2016 at 11:13 am

I don’t know the story, but I am trying to imagine the scenario, where a 19 year old girl would be over at this dirty old mans apartment. Drugs perhaps?

December 5, 2016 at 11:19 am

You couldn’t be more accurate with this statement. They certainly don’t do anything to help get rid of the stereotypes that they have. And wonder why they are locked up so disproportionately, probably because you are savages who can’t function in a modern society.

December 5, 2016 at 10:32 am

Where is this bloke from? His name doesn’t ring a bell as a River City native.

Linda Teeter Galindo Reply Report comment

December 9, 2016 at 1:09 pm

I am reading your comments in tears.I am her Family,her blood & her bones.I do know the answers you pretend to.None of them are correct.I search for a decent remark,somewhere I look for some empathy for Sammie.I’m now seeing 2 replies that would make Sammie smile.I’m asking the people in this City I’ve loved,please,please…don’t stab Sammie anymore than you have right now.Can you let it go? Please? The truth will come out in the trials we have to attend.You will see,you were so wrong,& I’m not mentioning your names here.I do know who you are. Thank you for reading this for me & Samm.Our Family is broken in pieces.Please….show your Love.I know we all have it,somewhere within our Hearts.
      Thank You.