This news story was published on June 23, 2013.

ROCK FALLS – A Mason City man is in jail after crashing his motorcycle Saturday afternoon.

According to a report, James Curtis Francis, 32, was arrested after Cerro Gordo County Sheriff’s Deputies received a report of a motorcycle in a ditch near Ulmus Avenue and 305th Street just west of Rock Falls.

Francis was charged with OWI 3rd Offense, Failure to Maintain Control, No Insurance Accident related, Violation of restricted license (ignition interlock), Driving under Suspension and Child Endangerment with injury. Francis was operating the motorcycle with his young son as a passenger, according to information relayed to NIT.

Records indicate Francis has at least 4 OWI offenses now on his record.

Francis, James Curtis

Francis, James Curtis

Need help with your website?
Call your local professional,
Breakthrough Web Design:
515-897-1144
or go to
BreakthoughWebDesign.com

25 Responses to Mason City man crashes motorcycle allegedly while intoxicated with young son as passenger

1. Jesus Iberra Reply Report comment

June 23, 2013 at 5:54 pm

The Mexicans and the blacks look like pretty good fella’s compared to this typical white trash MC thug, eh?

• My Voice Reply Report comment

June 23, 2013 at 6:43 pm

Mexicans and Blacks ARE pretty good fellas. Trash is trash and POS’s are POS because of what they DO not because of their color of skin.

I hope you really don’t think like your post implies….

• LVS Reply Report comment

June 24, 2013 at 10:06 am

@My Voice-the most preduiced people I have ever seen in my life are Mexican’s and Blacks. And they call us racist. It’s OK for them to call us names but god help us if we call them one.

2. is the kid okay Reply Report comment

June 23, 2013 at 2:09 pm

does anyone know? it says he was charged with child endangerment with injury.

3. Katie Reply Report comment

June 23, 2013 at 12:30 pm

@Jesus: A lot of people likely feel about this jerk as My Voice does and they didn’t have absentee drunken fathers. I don’t think it’s fair to say he’s just like his father, only not drunk. My first thought was I’d like to wipe that smug look off Francis’ face. I have no sympathy for him and it’s time for someone to have a “Come to Jesus” talk with this A$$hole. And I’m not talking about you, Iberra.

• My Voice Reply Report comment

June 23, 2013 at 12:46 pm

Thank you Katie for being smarter than your average internet dumbass. And, thank you….personally.

4. GP30 Reply Report comment

June 23, 2013 at 10:30 am

Jimmy never had a lot going for him. His mom was a drunk and I don’t think there was ever a Dad in the picture. Apparently, he was never able to help himself.

• Jesus Iberra Reply Report comment

June 23, 2013 at 10:43 am

Now society has to be his dad.

• My Voice Reply Report comment

June 23, 2013 at 2:01 pm

@Jesus…”Now society has to be his dad.”

You’re right about that…and that is pretty sad really.

It don’t know how that sounds hateful…I actually care very much about that young son.

Hopefully you will be able to see that what happens to that little boy is what is most important in all of this.

• My Voice Reply Report comment

June 23, 2013 at 10:57 am

I know this is going to sound harsh but who give a shit. I grew up in a VERY problematic family…drugs, alcohol, etc. My dad was never there for me. There is still a choice this POS has to make. The bottom line is if he cared enough, he’d make the choice. I choose to NOT be like my dad. And I’m NOT.

I could care less about this dude, what happened to him in the past, what is going to happen to him in the future. The only thing I care about is the young son. He should be removed from this dude’s care…PERMANENTLY. Before the father gets him killed or influences him enough that history repeats itself.

Anonymous’s comment “I don’t think he really wants to hurt himself or his family he is just swimming in booze.”, I call Bullshit to that. That’s a piss poor excuse…swimming in booze. 4 OWI’s….here’s a blarring clue folks…if he hasn’t learned BY NOW, he isn’t going to. Something REALLY bad has to happen first…unfortunately.

• Jesus Iberra Reply Report comment

June 23, 2013 at 11:54 am

You’re just like your drunk dad only not drunk. I’ve read your BS. It’s full of hate and discrimination. Your damaged and don’t even know it. That’s what’s scary.

• LVS Reply Report comment

June 23, 2013 at 12:03 pm

@My Voice-and there you are. All Ibarra wants to do is pick a fight with someone. Everyone gets pissed at me when I fight back but you shouldn’t have to put of with that kind of B.S.

• Jesus Iberra Reply Report comment

June 23, 2013 at 12:17 pm

And YOU LVS are damaged goods through and through.

• LVS Reply Report comment

June 23, 2013 at 12:20 pm

@Iberra-Lets agree to disagree because you are to damn stupid to understand me. If you want to pick a fight you are coming to the right place and I have never seen anyone like you I couldn’t whip. So go away boy, you bother me.

• My Voice Reply Report comment

June 23, 2013 at 12:27 pm

LMAO…I am sorry hurt by your opinion of me. NOT, you are nothing more than a stranger with an opinion. I know very well what and who I am. You want to defend this asswipe then that clearly makes you a POS too. The child is what is important so really I could give a shit less what your opinion of me is. BUT, if you REALLY want to judge me..the REAL me, we could arrange a special meeting and you can find out first hand WHAT AND WHO I AM if you like. We could go have a cup of coffee. I AM damaged…you’re right. It takes everything I have everyday to not act on my core issues which would be beating the shit out of stupid people just like you. Instead I will thank you of your opinion of me…you’re right. Want to go have a cup of coffee?

• My Voice Reply Report comment

June 23, 2013 at 12:31 pm

I’ve had MANY pick a fight with me. I am WELL versed in fighting. I’m no badass but I train hard. I actually enjoy getting hit in the face…HARD. I told you, I have issues. I highly doubt he REALLY wants to pick a fight with me…at least he really doesn’t know that he REALLY doesn’t want to. He’s just an internet tough guy that has every right to his opinion…BTW, he’s actually right on about me. I AM DAMAGED AND I DO HAVE ISSUES………………..

• My Voice Reply Report comment

June 23, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Here’s the thing tho…I DO NOT act on my issues. I am stronger than that..but the reality is I’m still damaged by him. JUST as this kid will be. THAT’S why I am concerned about him. I am a good Father, a good man, but I’m not perfect. People like Jesus think THEY are tho and are too weak to admit it. I CAN admit it. I have always said I can be a jerk, an asshole, a condescending prick. Who else on here has EVER said that about themselves? YOU Jesus? HA…YOU sikastupd? HA HA…the bigger man will ALWAYS admit HIS OWN faults. Jesus, you have no idea about me. You are just as right about me as you are wrong. BUT, I really don’t care in the end what you think…I KNOW and those close to me know. That’s all that counts.

• LVS Reply Report comment

June 23, 2013 at 1:32 pm

@My Voice-SikaStupd is right about one thing. You do sound a lot like me and I also do not applogise for the way I am. I like me just as I am.

• My Voice Reply Report comment

June 23, 2013 at 1:55 pm

@LVS, you’re right…SHE is right. BUT that’s what I like about you…you’re a lot like me. 🙂 Not everyone will like us just the same as we won’t like everyone else. As long as those closest to us that really know us…that’s all that really matters. The rest…DON’T MATTER.

If we can change the opinion of others to maybe see our side…great. If not, oh well. BUT what it’s gonna take for that to happen is for the other side to realize they have their faults too. But only the really strong can look into the mirror and see what is there too. If sika can do that and admit that…she will gain a respect with me even if I never end up liking her. She can have her opinion as long as she can allow me to have mine. Give and take…give and take. It’s the same with our Congress. If we ever want to fix our broken systems, we need to start understanding we need to learn to work together for the good of all. It’s sometimes very hard to do.

5. Jesus Iberra Reply Report comment

June 23, 2013 at 10:19 am

Well, thank God he wasn’t using marijuana and was just drunk again.

6. mother? Reply Report comment

June 23, 2013 at 8:27 am

Where’s the mother in this – to let her kid be in the care of a drunk who is riding a motorcycle???
    Hello.

7. btincc Reply Report comment

June 23, 2013 at 6:31 am

Hopefully, this will be the wake-up call he needs to get some help.

June 23, 2013 at 1:29 am

the man has a drinking problem, plain and simple. I don’t think he really wants to hurt himself or his family he is just swimming in booze.

9. My Voice Reply Report comment

June 23, 2013 at 1:02 am

Look at the smug look on this dude’s face. I’m not a violent person but i would seriously LOVE to get locked in a room with him for 5 min…that’s all it would take. #@%*!

10. My Voice Reply Report comment

June 23, 2013 at 12:54 am

Classy dude…classy. You are a worthless excuse for a parent. If you want to be a DUMBASS that’s one thing but don’t bring your kid into it. Chance are you kid is way more intelligent that you. Of course if he was tho, he wouldn’t have gotten on the bike with you. SO, it’s unfortunate, but I guess, dumbass is hereditary. 🙁