NorthIowaToday.com

Founded in 2010

News & Entertainment for Mason City, Clear Lake & the Entire North Iowa Region

Grease fire was cause of Wednesday fire

Mason City – At 7:47 am Wednesday morning, the Mason City Fire Department responded to a house fire located 1009 17th St NE. The residence is owned by Jeff Ryg of Indianapolis, IN.

The fire was discovered by the tenants Tim Redies and Monica Bergman. Fire damage to the residence was confined to the attic space. Extensive overhaul of the attic was necessary to extinguish the fire.

The Department was on scene for about one and a half hours.

Cause of the fire was determined to be flames from a grease fire last night on the stove that traveled up a vent into the attic space and ignited cellulose insulation. The insulation smoldered through the night before being discovered by the tenants this morning.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Even more news:

Watercooler
Copyright 2022 – Internet Marketing Pros. of Iowa, Inc.
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x