AMES, Iowa – March 27, 2013 – An online land auction is currently underway in which nine Iowa Department of Transportation-owned parcels are being offered for sale in Jefferson, Shelby, Wapello and Warren counties. There is something for everyone, from building sites, potential recreational property and high-quality farmland.
Bids are being accepted now. The auction closes Friday, April 5 at 6 p.m. EDT.
The nine parcels include:
1. Iowa DOT’s former maintenance facility in Fairfield
2. 29.23 acre lot in Ottumwa
3. 9.18 acre lot in Ottumwa
4. 3.3 acre lot in Ottumwa
5. 15.93 acre lot in Batavia, with high-quality farm land
6. 2.14 acre lot in Batavia
7. 3.5 acre lot located 1 mile southeast of Hartford
8. 1.02 acre lot in Carlisle
9. .13 acre lot in Harlan
Details on the parcels can be found on the Iowa DOT’s website at http://www.iowadot.gov/