Founded in 2010

News & Entertainment for Mason City, Clear Lake & the Entire North Iowa Region

Op-ed: Where were the voters? (by Peter Children)

I went to vote last evening around 6:30 PM.  I was the only one in there aside from those manning the operation. I asked how many voted and was told I was the nineteenth….for the entire day!

That is inexcusable, it is pathetic an embarrassment to every young person who gave their life so we could enter those voting stations.  How sad. This is exactly how people like Bookmeyer get elected.

I realize it is only a primary but there are choices to make in primaries.  This is like beating a dead horse. Why is it that qualified people simply will not vote? In third world countries people are giving their very lives just to vote; look at the Middle-East where thousands are dying everyday.  Hell most of you reading this don’t even know where the Middle-East is….or where to vote.

When we bombed Afghanistan  for the first time, National Geographic Magazine did a survey to ask people just where Afghanistan was; 80% couldn’t find it on the map; the other 20% couldn’t find America.  That’s who’s living here….in bliss and extreme ignorance.

Peter Children

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
14 Comments
Newest
Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Even more news:

Need help with your website?
Call your local professional,
Breakthrough Web Design:
515-897-1144
or go to
BreakthroughWebDesign.com

Copyright 2022 – Internet Marketing Pros. of Iowa, Inc.
14
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x