As of December 31, 2010, 16 school districts have formed merger agreements for the school year beginning in the fall of 2011 (2011-2012 school year). Based on the current number of mergers, there will be 351 school districts for the 2011-2012 school year. The following school districtshave approved reorganizations (FY 2011 budget enrollments in parenthesis):
– Anita (274.4) and C and M (205.2) will merge to form CAM.
– Nora Springs-Rock Falls (411.0) and North Central (504.0) will merge to form Central Springs.
– Sac (427.1) and Wall Lake View Auburn (524.6) will merge to form East Sac County.
– IKM (418.7) and Manning (385.4) will merge to form IKM-Manning.
– Greene (283.0) and Allison-Bristow (296.1) will merge to form North Butler.
– SCMT (435.8) and Rockwell-Swaledale (328.2) will merge to form West Fork.
– Nishna Valley (218.0) and Malvern (347.2) will merge to form East Mills.
vLineville-Clio (87.2) and Wayne (532.0) will merge to form Wayne.
Levy Rate Changes
Based on the FY 2011 budget enrollments, these school districts will be eligible to receive the uniform levy rate reduction for the next three years. For FY 2012, the uniform levy rate for these districts will be reduced by $1.00/$1,000 of taxable valuation with State aid accounting for the difference. The Legislative Services Agency (LSA) estimates that for FY 2012, State aid will increase by approximately $2.0 million as a result of the uniform levy rate reduction for these districts.|