According to the website: http://www.iowabusinessplancompetition.com:
2011 John Pappajohn Iowa Business Plan Competition
This contest is designed to stimulate entrepreneurial activity and greater awareness of the resources available to grow entrepreneurs in Iowa. All winners will be selected on an objective basis as determined by the criteria set forth below. You must read and comply with these rules to enter the Iowa Business Plan Competition (the “Competition”). This competition is void where prohibited by law.
Who can enter the Competition?
The Competition is open to all participants who meet the following criteria:
– The plan must be an original idea for a business in operation for four years or less.
– The principal business operations of the business must be located in Iowa.
– Company officers/members are 18 years or older at the time of entry and are legal residents of the United States, preferably Iowa.
– Businesses can include, but are not limited to: technology, bio-technology, green technologies, medical, advanced manufacturing, agriculture and agri-products, engineering and education.
– The business is not engaged primarily in retail sales, real estate, or the provision of health care or other professional services. “Professional services” include, but are not limited to, services provided by professions listed in Iowa Code Section 496C.2(4).
– Participants that previously have won a first, second or third place are not eligible.
– Company members cannot be directors, officers, or employees of the Iowa Department of Economic Development, the Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Centers, the Small Business Development Centers, or Equity Dynamics. Consultants or freelancers who do business with any of the above or any immediate family members of any of the above are disqualified.
What can I win?
The winners will be determined from all accepted entrants. The winners will be presented with awards at the Iowa Venture Capital and Entrepreneurs Conference to be held October 2011. Winners must be present to accept awards. All finalists will be expected to participate in or attend the Iowa Venture Capital and Entrepreneurs Conference and will be expected to make a brief 15 minute presentation about their companies during the conference. The maximum award distribution for the Grand, Second, and Third prizes shall not exceed $50,000. All contestants are encouraged to attend this valuable conference to gain further knowledge and advice to further their businesses.
ONE (1) $25,000 Grand Prize. One Grand Prize Winner will receive $25,000 and, in addition, recognition of your work on the website for the competition.
ONE (1) $15,000 Second Prize.
ONE (1) $10,000 Third Prize.
NOTE: There is no guarantee, expressed or implied, that any business will receive an award. Should no entries into the competition meet the entry criteria, should no entry have a reasonable chance for success and should the selection committee determine no winner exists for that year of the competition, no award will be made for that year and the award money will be used for the following year’s competition. The odds of winning a prize depend on the skill of the entrants and the number of entries received. All taxes associated with the prize are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Prizes are not transferable.
When can I enter?
Between March 1 and April 30, 2011. |