SEMINAR COUNTY, FL – Law enforcement in this Central florida county announced today the results of an undercover operation targeting individuals who use the internet to sexually exploit children. Investigators arrested three individuals who traveled to and within Seminole County intending to engage in sexual activity with what they believed to be a child.
During the operation, undercover law enforcement officers chatted online, emailed, and spoke on the phone with subjects who believed they were communicating with a minor. The three day operation began on Friday and concluded earlier this morning.
The three suspects arrested were booked into the John E. Polk Correctional Facility.
• Christopher Deberry, 32, of Sanford, traveled on foot traveled to meet a 13-year-old minor for sex.
• Trae’ Anthony Peter, 21, of Winter Park, traveled to meet a 13-year-old minor for sex.
• John Ziolkowski, 23, of Oviedo, traveled to meet a 13-year-old minor for sex.
Investigators recommend the following safety tips for parents:
• Communicate with your child. Talk with them about the potential dangers online and the reasons why they should be careful.
• Spend time with your child online and learn their favorite online destinations.
• Keep the computer in an area of the house where online activity can be monitored, not in your child’s bedroom.
• Use parental controls and/or blocking software.
• Instruct children not to give out personal information such as their home address, school name or telephone number, and never to arrange a meeting with someone they met online without your permission.