Letter claims Urdahl “leans on rich Republicans”

This news story was published on March 7, 2012.

by Matt Marquardt –

NorthIowaToday.com has received a hard copy letter stating that Cerro Gordo County Supervisor Jay Urdahl is the the Republican party’s “favorite Democrat” and “leans on rich Republicans for even bigger bucks.”

The letter states that it is written by John Jaszewski, Urdahl’s opponent in the upcoming Democratic primary for Urdahl’s supervisor seat.

Jaszewski denies any knowledge of the letter or playing any part in the writing of the 6-page letter. “I have no knowledge of the letter, nor did I write it or give any quotes,” he said Wednesday.

The origin of the letter is not known; it was discovered in a blank envelope with no return address.  The letter is being made available to the public for it to read and evaluate on its own.

The letter speaks extensively of Urdahl’s relationship with Dr. Gary Blodgett, a prominent Republican who has helped Urdahl raise campaign dollars recently.  Just last month, Blodgett wrote his second letter asking Republican donors to give money to Urdahl’s campaign.

Urdahl currently has over $15,000 in his re-election war chest.

Read the letter:

Need help with your website?
Call your local professional,
Breakthrough Web Design:
515-897-1144
or go to
BreakthoughWebDesign.com

9 Responses to Letter claims Urdahl “leans on rich Republicans”

1. in the neighborhood Reply Report comment

March 8, 2012 at 8:17 pm

No responsible newspaper ever publishes an unsigned letter that was “discovered” in a blank envelope without a return address.

North Iowa Today owes an immediate and sincere public apology to Jay Urdahl and Dr. Gary Blodgett.

2. anonymous Reply Report comment

March 7, 2012 at 5:16 pm

Urdahl has been in office for too long. Him along with the other 2 supervisors need to be replaced, and should have been along time ago. People are always so concerned with city elections, but county elections are just as important. Expecially when they are getting paid quite a good salary for not doing much at all. I’m not saying John is the answer, a very nice man, but Chris Watt’s may be the one to keep a close eye on during this election. Get out and vote and let’s get Urdahl out.

• Blogger Reply Report comment

March 7, 2012 at 5:22 pm

I would encourage any and all readers to donate to John and Chris ASAP.
      They don’t ask for the help Urdahl is. They want the common decent folk.

3. anonymous Reply Report comment

March 7, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Hmmmm. This is interesting reading but I’ve read stuff that John Jetski has written and it isn’t this polished. If he wrote it he had some help. I can’t counter anything in this letter and I actually think the content is pretty good. Iowa is home to a lot of faux Democrats and it appears that Urdahl is one of them. I didn’t realize Urdahl was so small he could fit in Gary Blodgett’s pocket.

• MC Resident Reply Report comment

March 7, 2012 at 10:27 pm

I like your post. I agree that this letter is very polished, and was given much thought. Jetski….hahaha..That made me laugh.

4. Sandy D. Reply Report comment

March 7, 2012 at 3:32 pm

As far as I’m concerned–URDAHL NEEDS TO GO AWAY !!

5. Some are worse Reply Report comment

March 7, 2012 at 2:26 pm

All my be bad, but some like Urdahl are much worse.

6. Bender Reply Report comment

March 7, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Why does any of this matter? They are all the same!