The Civil Service Commission of the City of Mason city will meet on Tuesday, September 13, 2011 at 8 a.m. in the Mason City Room at the Mason City Public Library.
1) Approve agenda
2) Approve minutes from September 1, 2011 meeting
3) Police Department: Certify list of eligible candidates for the position of Police Officer
4) Add name to heavy equipment operator certified list: Joe Gaubatz
5) Enter into closed session untl :00 a.m. with attorney for the Commission pursuant to Iowa Code section 21.5(1)(c)
6) Resume open session at 9:00 a.m.
7) Police Department: Conduct hearing related to termination appeal of former police officer Maria Ohl (pictured, right)
8) Enter into closed session for lunch at 11:30 a.m. with attorney for the Commission pursuant to Iowa Code section 21.5(1)(c)
9) Resume open session at 12:30 p.m.
10) Enter into close session for deliberations with attorney for the commission pursuant to Iowa Code section 21.5(1)(c)
11) Resume open session to vote on whether or not to uphold/amend/reverse the termination of police officer Maria Ohl. (In the event the hearing is not concluded or the Commission has not completed its deliberations, the Commission reserves the option to reconvene on Friday, September 16, at 9:00 a.m. at the Mason City Public Library, Mason City Room, to complete its work.